PRIVACY STATEMENT - RECRUITMENT OF APPLICANTS
This statement sets out the basis on which Eden Futures (“the company”) collects, uses, shares and disposes of information provided by job applicants. The job applicant retains all existing rights under GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018 in relation to this data.
In making an application to join the company via the recruitment portal, the applicant consents to the collection, use, sharing and disposal of information provided by themselves or created by the company in relation to their application. In making this application, you authorise the company to provide your personal details to an assigned third party for the purpose of completing all necessary compliance checks, of which an offer of employment is subject to. The assigned third party will use your personal data for the purposes of compliance checks only. All information is provided on a voluntary basis by the applicant. If the applicant does not wish to provide relevant information they may choose not to do so, but this may impact on the progression of their application.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT AND HOW DOES IT DO THIS?
The company will collect a range of information about you in the course of your job application. This may include (but is not limited to):
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK; and
- equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health and religion or belief.
This information may be collected in a variety of ways – such as through an application form or CV; by the applicant providing documents (such as identity documents); information collected through the assessment process including interview records and other assessment information.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers or character references. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer has been made to you and with your explicit consent (stated on the application form) that we may do so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in our HR management systems and our email system and to third-party systems for the purpose of compliance checks.
WHY DO WE NEED TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA THROUGH THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS?
There are a number of reasons for this:
- The management and tracking of applicants through our recruitment process. This enables us to contact and update you, make arrangements for interviews and give you the outcome of the process.
- We retain information from unsuccessful candidates for a period of time in order to respond to any questions and provide information to defend any legal claims.
- We have a legal obligation to confirm identity and that applicants have the right to work in the UK and this must be done prior to the commencement of employment.
- We want to ensure that any appropriate reasonable adjustments are applied to applicants and new employees.
- We may process special categories of data such as information about ethic origin for monitoring purposes in relation to equal opportunities.
- To enable an assigned third party to undertake all the necessary compliance checks, of which any offer of employment made to you is subject to.
Your data is only used for the purpose for which it is provided – namely the recruitment process and on-boarding of successful candidates who accept a role with the company.
WHO CAN ACCESS MY DATA?
Your information will only be viewed or used by those in the company who are involved in the recruitment process, including an assigned third party to undertake all the necessary compliance checks, of which any offer of employment made to you is subject to.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- The company’s assigned third-party provider for the purpose of undertaking compliance checks.
- Those employees who work in the HR and Recruitment departments.
- Members of the IT team who may support in the recording of data and management of systems that store it.
- Managers who are directly involved in recruiting staff and who interview candidates and make decisions on suitability for employment.
- Senior company managers who may need to review processes in the event of a concern.
- If you receive and accept an offer of employment, we will then need to share your information with external parties such as previous employers/personal references and DBS authorities to complete the necessary DBS, Adult First or Children DBS checks as applicable to the role.
- We may need to share your data to comply with a legal request – for example from the police.
HOW LONG IS MY DATA RETAINED FOR?
If you are a successful candidate and join the company, your initial data forms part of your employee record and therefore becomes subject to the retention periods as stated in our Archiving Policy.
The assigned third party who collect your personal data for the purposes of compliance will hold your data for a period of six months.
If you an unsuccessful candidate, your data is retained for a six-month period in case of any question following the conclusion of the recruitment process. In rare situations we may retain data for longer but will only do this if there is a specific and documented reason to do so (for example, to defend a legal claim).
As soon as we collect your data you have all individual rights as stated in the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please as a result of your recruitment application, please contact GDPR@edenfutures.org setting out your request.
By entering into the company recruitment process and providing personal and other data on a voluntary basis, you are providing consent for the use of that data as set out in this statement. If you refuse to provide any data requested that will impact on our ability to proceed with any application or employment offer.
If you require further information about the use of data within the recruitment process, please contact GDPR@edenfutures.org or contact a member of the company recruitment team.